Day seven: Company!

Segovia (km 576) – Añe (km 555)
I had lost the yellow arrows on my way into town, so I simply headed towards Zamarramala. But. Look and behold, 2 blocks from my pension I suddenly saw a small but significant "graffitti". On the right track again.





Looking back at Segovia. Looks like a fairy tale town, doesn't it?



After Segovia the landscape is very different. No more hills, just plain old plains.



Another milestone. The sight of a milestone always cheers me up a little.



In Añe the bar was closed, the shop was closed and I started to check my supplies. But women of all ages started to gather on the square with their purses ready. So I waited with them, and as an answer to my prayers: The grocery van! I got arroz con leche (sweet rice porridge), some fruit and some yoghurt.
Then the lovely lady who runs the bar and has the keys to the albergue made me a sandwich with chorizo. Protein and carbs, just what a walker needs.
In the albergue there was no light and no heating of the water, but it didn't matter to me as I'd go to bed early and could shower another day.
While I ate my sandwich along with the rice pudding, someone knocked at the door. I had company!




It was another peregrina! P, who is Spanish. She talked to the lady about the electricity, and in a few minutes we had both light and hot water.
I really enjoyed having company for the night.
The albergue here was free, which I think is marvellous. It's run by volunteers in Añe.

Inga kommentarer: