Day four: Rain in Spain stays mainly in the mountains.

Navacerrada (km 612) – Las Dehesas, Cercedilla (km 604)


Navacerrada from above.
It was raining, but not too much. Yet.

As next day's stage over Puerto Fuenfria would be the longest so far, I had decided to try to find a bed at the Youth hostel in Las Dehesas, which was as close as I could get. Of course there turned out to be some kind of event in Cercedilla this week. And countrary to my expectations I was not even allowed inside to dry up, even though I explained I was a peregrina. And I was wet.
I asked if they knew a bar or restaurant neaby so I at least could get a coffee before walking down to the village again.
Yup. And it Casa Cirilo was not only a restaurant, but a hotel.
I had some lunch, coffee, a shower and by now it was not raining so I walked back down the three or four kilometres to the village to get supplies for next day. Then I had a small supper and a big cerveza at the bar in the hotel.

Tip of the day: Never give up. Help and friendly encouragement may not come where you expect it, but it will come.

Inga kommentarer: