Coca - Villeguillo - Alcazaren. La meseta is...flat.


From Tres Cantos I had a lot of luck with trains and buses, I had a lunch/dinner in Segovia between buses, at a salad bar that was open during siesta hours. You gotta love the fast food chains!
I arrived in Coca late afternoon, and got a room at the guesthouse near the bus stop. Visited the church, and ayuntamiento to get my sello.
Next morning I was only walking to Villeguillou, because I wanted to stay in the brand new albergue there.


Fields, pine trees, more fields. I didn't see many people.
Got to Villeguillou during la siesta ...as usual my timing sucked. But the bar was open, and the owner knew who had the keys to the albergue, so I waited in the bar. It was between lunch and dinner, but the bar owner offered to do something "light" to eat, and I had a wonderful big omelette sandwich. Later in the afternoon I bought some cured ham from one of the market cars that services the castilian small towns without grocery stores. (Like the one in Añe).


The albergue was brand new, very clean and nice. I was the only one there, and the only bad thing was that there were no curtains on the window. I didn't think much of it as there was nothing outside.
But late at night I heard whispering outside, and it turned out to be two kids. I didn't confront them about the rudeness of trying to get a glimpse of the foreign lady (if that was what they were doing), I simply said "hello boys, what's your names" and they ran away after realising that I noticed them.
I had a bit hard to relax after that, even if they were too young to be dangerous, it made me realise that the whole town knew there was a woman on her own in the albergue. I put up my scarf as a curtain.


One of the two new bathrooms.


Fridge, freezer, tv and kitchenette. I had my half filled camelback in the freezer during the night, filled it up with water that was cool during the whole next day.


Villeguillou albergue from the outside. The alcalde (mayor) of the town, has the keys.


Sunrise.


I took the "wrong" old camino by mistake, didn't see where the new detour started, and this is the finca where the owner presumably doesn't want peregrinos to walk through his property. But I sat in the shadow outside one of the houses taking a break, didn't see many people, and those I saw seemed friendly enough. Looked more like a village than a one family farm, even had a (closed) bar.


In Alcazaren you collect the keys at Bar Pepin, and he made me a wonderful three course meal even if it was a bit early, as usual.
I went to the grocery store to get some food for the next day, and picked up some things to clean the albergue. Which had a lovely - but not very clean - bathroom, with a full size tub!

Inga kommentarer: