Madrid - Tres Cantos. Back on track


First I had decided to walk the part that I skipped in June, when I merely wanted to see if this walking business was at all possible for a couch potato like me. In June I also wanted to get out into the nature as soon as I could.
Anyway, this time around I wanted to start from central Madrid.
I wanted to get a stamp (sello) from la iglesia de Santiago, but I didn't have patience to wait for the church to open in the morning. I had coffee and churros in the bar next to the church instead ;)


... and then I started to walk!
I got a sello at another church after a few kilometres. I think it was the first one they had stamped! It was quite hot, so I stopped a few times to buy water and coffee in various bars and sandwich shops.
The first part isn't marked with the yellow arrows, but the free maps a certain big warehouse chain publishes covers the streets all the way to Fuencarral. You can find arrows from Paseo de la Castellana. (Plaza Castilla).

I walked to Fuencarral. Waiting for P, the peregrina I met in June, I walked around the town and had a few tapas on the square near the metro station. (If you want to start outside Madrid just take the metro to Fuencarral.)


Tip of the day: Today was hot and sunny, and no shadow - don't forget to bring water and a hat!



Next morning P and el perro Mati followed me a while.

The path from Fuencarral to Tres Cantos had no cafeterias or places to buy water unless you leave the camino, so carry some extra from the start. I was very thirsty when I reached Tres Cantos! (I nicked some figs from a tree by the path, sorry about that.)
In the town hall they told me that the police stamped credencials, and in the police office they said the opposite. But I got the sello from the polite policeman after saying that the ayuntamiento hadn't given me one!

Inga kommentarer: